We love this cake, you can have it on its own or add some additional yoghurt for a fruity dessert, it's also great for breakfast. Store at room temperature and cover with foil, it should stay fresh for several days (if it lasts that long!)INGREDIENTS
1 cup Brown Cow Organics vanilla and rhubarb limited edition organic yoghurt - stir well Click here to order our organic vanilla and rhubarb yoghurt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large pinch sea salt
½ teaspoon almond extract
½ cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup rhubarb, chopped into ½-inch piecesMETHOD
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Grease a 10-inch round cake tin, line the base with greaseproof paper.
3. Whisk together the yoghurt, sugar, salt, and almond extract until smooth.
4. Slowly add the oil into the yoghurt mix slowly, gently whisk until smooth.
5. Gently add the eggs and whisk again until smooth.
6. Sift the flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a small bow together.
7. Now fold a little of the dry mix it into the wet mix until just combined.
8. Pour the final mixture into the cake tin.
9. Finally add the chopped rhubarb all around the top of the mixture.
10. Cook cake for approximately 45 minutes; test with a metal skewer - it should come out clean and check the top springs back when lightly touchhed.
11. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes, then lift it out with the parchment paper and allow it to cool on a wire rack.